2fifty5 Tanning Studio in Hessle has recently introduced an infrared sauna which is proving very popular.
What is an infrared sauna?
Infrared is the invisible part of the sun spectrum, we can’t see it but we feel the warmth from it on our skin. This is beneficial as it penetrates deeply into the tissues to induce a detoxifying sweat.
In a traditional wet and dry sauna, the heated air is what warms the body, which can be uncomfortable due to the high temperatures. However, infrared sauna penetrate deep into the tissue cause the body to sweat at a comfortable temperature, it only heats the body!
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna?
Here are a few of the benefits of using an infrared sauna and why it’s important to “sweat it out!”
- Increased metabolism – using a sauna increases the heart rate in a way that is similar to cardio exercise, a 30 minute session can burn around 600 calories*
- Improved skin complexion – Dirt, sweat, exposure to synthetic clothing, various chemicals, and all daily dirt and grime leads to a build up of toxins in the skin. The heat from the sauna removes these toxins from the skin through perspiration, leaving a healthy looking complexion
- Detoxification – similarly to improved skin complexion benefits, heat from infrared saunas increase perspiration and this process gradually removes heavy metals and toxic chemicals. Sweating through exercise alone is not as effective, therefore saunas are a fantastic at detoxifying the body
- Enhanced circulation - Using saunas regularly can have many exercise benefits including improved circulation and oxidation of the tissues without expending as much energy. Repeated use can help to lower high blood pressure and increase the elasticity of the arteries. When the body is heated, blood rushes towards the skin to help control the heat, this helps to decongest internal organs, which improves circulation.
- Fever relief – raising the body temperature has shown to aid the body to kill bacteria, parasites and viruses, boosting your immune system
Saunas are also shown to aid:
Book the Sauna
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Skin conditions
- Chemical sensitivity